I thought I would share my wee collection of cassette themed things I have. I actually have a fair bit more back home so this is just what I have here in Melbourne. When I was little I would spend my afternoons when I got home from school making mixes dubbed off the radio and then listen to them all night, then when I was old enough to buy CD's I would make mixes for family car trips. I didn't start making mix tapes for friends til high school. My friends and I would make each other ones every couple of months and I still treasure that collection back home so much (never ever throwing out), I have at least 15 I think. I can't wait til I get my own car.. because then I can pump out my mix tapes again! P.S How good is Picnik for photo editing? So good!
1. My old battered coin purse that I take everywhere.
2. I have a cassette pillow! It is tiny and when I first saw it I couldn't believe someone would make a pillow so small! It is the size of a novel.
3. Mooks tshirt.. pretty sure this was the first ever white shirt I ever purchased.
4. Hair tie purse. I got it somewhere in Manchester years ago.
5. Months ago I participated in a package swap and my lovely partner Noella made me this! I was so impressed! It's a little notebook bound to the cassette. Amazing!
6. iPhone case! It is a rubbery old thing and isn't the most protective but I love it!
7. Engagement ring! My most favourite thing in the world! <3
8. My BFF have me this so long ago. It has been all over the world with me, I keep bobby pins and such inside.
9. Real cassettes I found on the side of the road. I am thinking of using them to decorate the Christmas tree this year.
This is my engagement ring! My fiance had it custom made by my favourite jeweller, Victoria Mason right here in Melbourne. Months in the making! She is such a lovely lady and I have been buying her stuff for a few years and I am in awe of it every time I see it on my hand. She even blogged about it here which I think is pretty amazing to see how it all came together.