Thursday, August 26, 2010
P.S I am heading back to the wild west to my hometown of Perth (where the temperature is above 20 degrees, wooooo!) for a week so au reviour and see you all when I come back full of stories of marvellous foods, island adventures and phanau fairytales xo
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
A- My AIR CONDITIONER is set on: no air con for Melbourne winters geez! Heater is set to FULL though and it sounds like a very loud purring kitten.
B- My BEDROOM theme is: bits of red, bits of florals, some old maps, lace doilies, a few polaroids, a Kate Nash tea towel hanging on the wall and PILES of things everywhere. I am literally living out of a suitcase still.
C- The CAR in the driveway is: whatever my housemate drives.. no idea. A car of some sort.. a car that goes too fast down the drive way.
D- My DESK looks: cluttered! At the moment I can see my stationary box, some cd's, jewellery scattered all over, my house plant fern and my big beautiful atlas. It is good to have a desk though which is neat because otherwise I would have no furniture but I am gonna get a table cloth for it as it looks a bit high school and beige at the moment.
E- The EXACT time I wake up daily is: it really does vary.. yesterday my boyf and I woke at 5am and today I woke at about 8:30am. I have no real regular schedule.. ahhh the perks of having a (shit) casual/non existent job.
F- The FIRST thing I wash in the shower is: my face!
G- My GARAGE is filled with: I don't have one!
H- My HOME is: a unit! 2 bedroom 1 bathroom in a block of 6 units
I- If you peeked INSIDE my bathroom you'd see: boyish blue shower curtains and not much else as I haven't unpacked yet apart from my toothbrush. But we do have a light heater thingo.. warm! I miss my old elephant bathroom :(
J- My favorite JUICE is: most juices! Raspberry juice if I can find it. There is no juice I don't like really but I don't drink it very often as it ummm it costs more than water and makes my teeth more yellow than I want them to be?
K- The best part of my KITCHEN is: I get a whole cupboard to myself! I love food shopping and filling my little cupboard up.. now I just need to be home enough to eat the food inside it. And my (tiny) mug collection is pretty sweet too.. Bruce Springsteen! Maryland map! Art deco patterns!
L- The LAST person who visited my home was: my boyf two nights ago. We don't get many visitors, which shouldn't surprise me as my housie makes them feel so unwelcome when we do have visitors, good one :(
M- The last piece of MAIL for me was: we all keep getting heaps of lame election candidate mail, boring which should end now but last week I got the travelling journal from Bianca which was very exciting!
N- My NEIGHBORS think I'm: weird as I used to live in the front unit and now I live in the back unit? Musical units!
O- If you OPENED my fridge you'd see: milk, pumpernickel bread, vanilla Coke, baby spinach, natural yogurt etc :)
P- My last house PARTY was: I don't really have house parties, I dunno. At my first house in North Perth like 5 years ago? It was cowboy and indian themed and I dressed up as Pocahontas and it was so much fun!
Q- A QUICK meal I like to fix is: stir fry
R- My favorite ROOM of the house is: My room. FOR SURE.
S- The SHAMPOO brand I use is: Palmolive this week I think?
T- My largest TELEVISION is: we only have one tv in the living room.. it is quite big and housie likes to play Xbox on it. Cool dude :/
U- UNDER my bed you will find: nothing. My mattress is sitting on the floor so I can't put anything under there.
V- The last time I VACUUMED was: I vacuumed last week at work which was actually fun but I we only have floorboards here so sweeping it is.
W- Looking out my WINDOW I see: the drive way and the neighbours bedroom window, awesome.
X- I wish I had X-TRA: money so I could live somewhere else!
Y- My YARD is: concrete, boooo.
Z- ZZZZZZZ My bedtime is: I try to go to bed before 11 but that rarely works out.
Okayyyyy, that was fun! Have a nice week everyone ♥
Thursday, August 19, 2010
♥ Not working on Saturdays, making french toast, moving units (actual units not unit as in money..), Koomba park at dusk, Mexican golf ball cocktails, Friday night burger hunts, new sheets, Peter Alexander hiring new staff (fingers crossed!), planning for Parachute!, unpacking, "I'm old Gregg!!", finally getting into the Mighty Boosh!, finding old sparkly bits of paper in my old room, double dates, chocolate spring rolls filled with custard!, breweries, impromtu sleepovers, my new doona cover, heater fans, sausages from our local butcher, finally exploring Buckanbe Park at dusk and falling in the pond at bit, cooking dinner with my boy, new doona covers!, pay day, Perth next week!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
1. How do you feel about marriage as a concept? Realistic? Romantic? A pipe-dream?
I think of it as realistic and very romantic and still a current thing not just an old fashioned ideal. I have never not wanted to get married. In fact when I was younger I always thought I would be married by now at the age of 24! Ha, not likely.
2. Do you think you’ll ever want to get married? YES.
3. If you did get married, would you want a big blow-out celebration or would you keep it low-key? Pretty low key I think, I don't like fancy shit. In a little church or on the beach and then a big bbq picnic later but reading wedding blogs (not that I do all that often, I swear) but you know sometimes you see these really amazing wedding videos and locations and music and food. I guess I would want to incorporate all sorts of bits and pieces of awesome but on a smaller scale.
4. If you are married now, how has that changed your relationship? N/A
5. If you’re married, how did you celebrate it? Knowing what you know now, would you have done it differently? N/A
&&& some questions from last week which I missed..
What were your family vacations like?
I remember in primary school all the rich kids got to go to Disneyland for holidays and we would always go to Rottnest or Exmouth. I was never really that jealous because I honestly felt like the parents were trying to buy their kids love (seriously, who spends that much money on a 8 year old?) I still don't get how or why parents take children on overseas holidays! The parents always look so pissed off and stressed and the kids always act so effing spoilt, argh! Sure, they must be rich and have money to burn and most likely don't need to "buy" their love but, shit, at that age I would rather see some real shit like native birds and karri trees. I much preferred seeing dolphins and quokkas and eating fresh fish and learning how to snorkel. I remember Mum always used to bring too much food, I remember singing John Williamson and Crowded House really loud. I think the best holiday we ever took was to a tiny town down south called Walpole.. I remember kayaking, watching my Dad fishing, roasting marshmallows, glass sculpture artists and smelling lavender fields. I am pretty sure that was the last holiday we had before my parents got divorced, so I guess it is also the worst for that reason :(
Monday, August 16, 2010
Garrrrrrr, I really shouldn't look at American websites! Also, tonight I am moving house! And I feel like such a wreck for several reasons and I could almost cry and catch a plane back home right now and if it wasn't for my wonderful boyfriend that is where I would be (a plane back home) Fuck, I hope the rest gets better from now on.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
&&&&&&& a gazillion other things that I don't have time to write about at the moment!
Oh & p.s.. this songggggggggg & dancing in his bedroom to this and him singing me all the words, awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Pretty amazing!
Thursday, August 5, 2010
I saw Kate Nash last night at the sold out Corner show and I waited in the rain for an hour and the crowd was full of screaming effing youth. I also saw Kate Nash the previous night at the East Brunswick Club which was much nicer because it was a smaller venue and the crowd was more sane and friendly. I am so glad I went to both shows in the end despite it's mission destination. I didn't realise so many people liked her! There were lots of dresses and bows and fringes and flat shoes in the crowd.. and hardly any men! I am very tired now though and a wee bit deaf and feeling a bit confused as to whether I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. She didn't play Early Christmas Present or Birds which I was bummed about. I guess I just realised that going to shows solo really sucks, I have no problem going places alone but I get sick of holding my own hand sometimes, plus for the most part I would have rather had been at home nice and warm with my boyf watching some zombie movie. I had a spare ticket which I sold on Ebay weeks ago before I knew this amazing boyfriend of mine would want to come with me just so I wouldn't have to go alone. I think it would have made his ears bleed but still it is nice that he wanted to tag along and keep me company because having company is nice having someone to share my chips with at midnight is nice too. Alas, I love you Kate Nash! ♥
Do I ever post this on Tuesdays? Nope!
1. What is your style direction for the upcoming season? Direction? Ermmmm, how about jaded runner chic? Or how about a winter hibernation focus? Suburban siren? Retail raven? LOL. I dunno! I bought a red tartan scarf yesterday which I am pretty excited about because I love red and I don't many other different scarfs over here. My main direction is to stay warm! I still wear thermal and flannellettes to bed plus 2 pairs of stocking if I am feeling brave enough to go out with no jeans. Ummmm ok, lots of red!
2. What is your favourite song right now? Just one? Ummmmm.. last night I heard Ryan Jarman do a cover of Do Wah Doo which I really liked. Oh and most songs by The Thin Kids! So much fun! And Mew singing Special. Quite a bazzarre mix really.
3. What’s your best love advice? Go for it & don't be afraid & put your heart on your sleeve! ! I dunno, I guess just don't hold back from opening up and loving with your whole heart :)
4. Who is the most exciting person you’ve met recently? My boyfriend, Ryan! The days when I don't see him are really boring and every time we hang out is so much fun! Every date has been amazing and today is actually our one month anniversary, awwwwwww!
5. Are you doing anything wonderful this week? What is it? This weeks wonderfuls are/were.. seeing Kate Nash twice!, going to see the ocean!, general boyf hang outs!, booking plane tickets!, writing to new penpals etc etc!
p.s WTF Blogspot,what on earth are you doing to my fonts! Seriously, WHY-THE-EFFING-FACE?