Some things I learnt from the recipe..
- It says add 1 tablespoon of food colouring.. but I used about 4 tablespoons to get that deep blue colour.. but maybe my colours weren't deep enough to begin with.
- I learnt that "1 stick of butter" means about 1 cup.
- Cake flour isn't readily available in Australia but to make a similar version you mix 1 part cornflour to 3 parts plain flour.
- My cream cheese frosting looked a bit yellow.. but I'm sure if I used good quality Philly it would have looked better, so probably my fault.
- I am not sure why but I thought it was a bit more dense than I expected.
- I used frozen blueberries in the centre so it didn't quite look the same but tasted fine.
- To make the shape I had to cut bits of the cake off so when I applied the frosting it got a bit crumbly so it was a bit tricky to make the cream cheese frosting stay white (not with crumbs of blue..)
- I decorated the outside with gumballs, blue licorice and other bits of lollies.