Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The spectrum's a - z

Last week I literally moved two doors down (but same postal address is still ok pen friends!) to a new unit and so I have been cleaning and packing and unpacking and attempting to decorate my new sparse unit (which I have sadly come to realise I do not like for a few reasons so alas, I am already looking for another new place! So yeah I am feeling a bit shit about the whole situation) However tomorrow = thrift store makeover! Here is a fun fact: if it wasn't for my wonderful boyf I would be living back in Perth by now where life is so much easier, wtf Melbourne you are tougher than I can almost handle. Anyway, I've seen this quiz on a few peoples blogs and I am bored enough to do it myself this morning. So, here are interesting things about my new place from A-Z..

A- My AIR CONDITIONER is set on: no air con for Melbourne winters geez! Heater is set to FULL though and it sounds like a very loud purring kitten.

B- My BEDROOM theme is: bits of red, bits of florals, some old maps, lace doilies, a few polaroids, a Kate Nash tea towel hanging on the wall and PILES of things everywhere. I am literally living out of a suitcase still.

C- The CAR in the driveway is: whatever my housemate drives.. no idea. A car of some sort.. a car that goes too fast down the drive way.

D- My DESK looks: cluttered! At the moment I can see my stationary box, some cd's, jewellery scattered all over, my house plant fern and my big beautiful atlas. It is good to have a desk though which is neat because otherwise I would have no furniture but I am gonna get a table cloth for it as it looks a bit high school and beige at the moment.

E- The EXACT time I wake up daily is: it really does vary.. yesterday my boyf and I woke at 5am and today I woke at about 8:30am. I have no real regular schedule.. ahhh the perks of having a (shit) casual/non existent job.

F- The FIRST thing I wash in the shower is: my face!

G- My GARAGE is filled with: I don't have one!

H- My HOME is: a unit! 2 bedroom 1 bathroom in a block of 6 units

I- If you peeked INSIDE my bathroom you'd see: boyish blue shower curtains and not much else as I haven't unpacked yet apart from my toothbrush. But we do have a light heater thingo.. warm! I miss my old elephant bathroom :(

J- My favorite JUICE is: most juices! Raspberry juice if I can find it. There is no juice I don't like really but I don't drink it very often as it ummm it costs more than water and makes my teeth more yellow than I want them to be?

K- The best part of my KITCHEN is: I get a whole cupboard to myself! I love food shopping and filling my little cupboard up.. now I just need to be home enough to eat the food inside it. And my (tiny) mug collection is pretty sweet too.. Bruce Springsteen! Maryland map! Art deco patterns!

L- The LAST person who visited my home was: my boyf two nights ago. We don't get many visitors, which shouldn't surprise me as my housie makes them feel so unwelcome when we do have visitors, good one :(

M- The last piece of MAIL for me was: we all keep getting heaps of lame election candidate mail, boring which should end now but last week I got the travelling journal from Bianca which was very exciting!

N- My NEIGHBORS think I'm: weird as I used to live in the front unit and now I live in the back unit? Musical units!

O- If you OPENED my fridge you'd see: milk, pumpernickel bread, vanilla Coke, baby spinach, natural yogurt etc :)

P- My last house PARTY was: I don't really have house parties, I dunno. At my first house in North Perth like 5 years ago? It was cowboy and indian themed and I dressed up as Pocahontas and it was so much fun!

Q- A QUICK meal I like to fix is: stir fry

R- My favorite ROOM of the house is: My room. FOR SURE.

S- The SHAMPOO brand I use is: Palmolive this week I think?

T- My largest TELEVISION is: we only have one tv in the living room.. it is quite big and housie likes to play Xbox on it. Cool dude :/

U- UNDER my bed you will find: nothing. My mattress is sitting on the floor so I can't put anything under there.

V- The last time I VACUUMED was: I vacuumed last week at work which was actually fun but I we only have floorboards here so sweeping it is.

W- Looking out my WINDOW I see: the drive way and the neighbours bedroom window, awesome.

X- I wish I had X-TRA: money so I could live somewhere else!

Y- My YARD is: concrete, boooo.

Z- ZZZZZZZ My bedtime is: I try to go to bed before 11 but that rarely works out.

Okayyyyy, that was fun! Have a nice week everyone ♥

2 comments:

  1. Awww I wish I could whisk you out of there and make you happier. In the meantime, a house is just a house - all the more excuse to get out and about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess WHAT?
    i finally made it to the post office today.
    and i finally figured out how much postage is to australia.
    and i finally got a stamp to stick on that letter i've had for you sitting around here for weeks.
    so guess WHAT is going out in the mail for you tomorrow? :)

    ReplyDelete