Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Curious Tuesday 001

Gala Darling saves the day! I feel like I have things I want to say but really there is nothing in particular at all at the moment, or at least I don't know how to put it into words so this post is inspired by this post. It may now be Wednesday in sunny old Perth but this is part of the very first "Curious Tuesday" that I woke up this morning to see on the internets and therefor, todays blog post. (either that or another quote about lying in bed all day..) It will most likely turn into a weekly thing as I love Q & A's!















1.
What is the strangest compliment you’ve ever received? An old friend told me last year that I was "so international" which I found a little humorous as I was born in Perth and have essentially lived here (in the excact same suburb) for the past 24 years and I really don't even think I travel more than most people. Regardless, I like being told that.

2. What’s your little-known talent? I am pretty organised. From the outside, my life might look like a mess but it is really just organised choas. I start packing for trips weeks and even months in advance. I write lists everyday for everything. Mainly because I think if I don't write it down it won't happen because I will forget because I forget alot of things and it's almost always because I had not written it down.

3. What do you obsessively search for on eBay? Bruce Springsteen shirts circa 1986. YSL air mail purse. Black and white oxford brogue flats. Vintage suitcases.

4. When you were a child, who did you worship & want to be like? I have always had a soft spot for Pippy Longstockings! Growing up I had ginger hair and freckles and no one else did but Pippy. Pippy was on tv, in the coolest tattiest clothes, she lived by the ocean, in a big old house without any parents just her pets and she would sing and dance and go on adventures everyday! Dream life!

5. What was your palate band? Otherwise known as the first band you heard that made you realise the world of music was larger than whatever the Top 20 singles were! (The idea for this one came from here!) I remember standing in Brashes and I only had enough money for one single and it was came down to Hole - Celebrity Skin vs Billie - Because We Want To.. I am still so glad Courtney won. I remember the next day at school, I think it was year 6 or 7 and no one else had heard of Hole and I felt pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment